This is what Students for Life of America’s Institute for Pro-Life Advancement found when they commissioned a poll on Millennial views on abortion. Lest someone think we were sampling only pro-life conservatives, 60% of survey takers identified as Independents, and only 20% of the sample size were Republicans.
Here are some of our key findings:
- 7 of 10 Millennials support limits on abortion through specific policies like parental notification, limiting abortions later in pregnancy like at 5 months of pregnancy, and opposition to government funding of abortion.
- Only 7 percent shared the position of the Democratic Party Platform – abortion without any exceptions and funded by tax dollars.
- More Millennials than not support Roe’s reversal. Asked directly about support for overturning Roe and returning abortion to the states, 41 percent supported Roe’s reversal.
- 65 percent of Millennials support the right to vote on abortion-related policy and want a voice on abortion policy .
- 56 percent of Millennials, oppose selling chemical a
bortiondrugs on-lineor dropping the requirement for a physical exam because of the risks to women.
- By about a 3 to 1 margin (48 percent to 17 percent), Millennials said they preferred that their tax monies went to Federally Qualified Health Centers rather than the abortion giant, Planned Parenthood.
- 51 percent said that they opposed
when they understood it allows for abortion through all 9 months of pregnancy. Roe,
So what does this mean for the pro-life movement? Millennials may not all accept descriptions like “Republican”, “Democrat”, or “Pro-Life.” But, Millennials do favor pro-life policies. They want their tax dollars to go to Federally-Qualified Health Centers, NOT Planned Parenthood. They want to be able to vote on the issue of abortion, something that Roe v. Wade largely robbed them of. They want limitations on abortion, not unlimited abortion on demand and at taxpayer expense (the Democratic Party platform).
You can find out more about the poll and read our messaging memo to the pro-life movement at instituteforprolifeadvancement.com.